1. We believe the Bible as inspired by God. The sixty-six canonical books of the Old and the New Testaments are inspired by God--hence infallible and entirely trustworthy. They are the ultimate authority for faith and practice.
2. We believe that there is only one God--the Creator and Sustainer of all things—who is infinite in being and perfect in holiness and love. He exists eternally in three persons--the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit—who are of one substance and equal in power and glory.
3. We believe in our Lord Jesus Christ--God the Son--who is fully human and fully divine, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in glory.
4. We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ is essential. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling in all Christians enables them to live a godly life and to proclaim the Gospel. We believe in the resurrection of the saved to the resurrection of life and the lost to the resurrection of damnation. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers with our Lord Jesus Christ.
5. We believe that human beings are created male and female, in the image of God. Through disobedience, they fell from a sinless state. This fall subjected humans to God’s wrath and brought upon the human race can be saved from this state only by the grace of God, through faith in the finished redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the agency of the Holy Spirit. (NOT SURE WHAT THIS SENTENCE NEEDS TO SAY?)
6. We believe that the eternally pre-existent Son became incarnate, without a human father, by being conceived by the Holy Spirit and by being born of the virgin Mary. In Jesus of Nazareth’s divine and human natures of God were united in one Person being whole, perfect, and distinct. (NOT SURE WHAT THIS SENTENCE NEEDS TO SAY?) He lived a sinless life, in total obedience to the will of the Father, and died on the cross, as the sinner’s substitute, ransom, and sacrifice, shedding His blood for the remission of sin once and for all. On the third day, He rose from the dead, in the body that was laid in the tomb but which had been changed gloriously. He has ascended to the Father’s right hand, where He is our perpetual mediator and intercessor. He shall again, personally, visibly, and in great glory, as Lord and judge, consummate God’s eternal plan. He will raise all humankind from death and judge them in righteousness. Those who are saved will enter eternal blessedness, and those who are lost will experience “the second death.”
7. We believe that the Holy Spirit brings individuals to repent of their sins and entrust themselves to the Lord Jesus Christ, His indwelling presence, and assurance of salvation. By His indwelling, the believers receive light and power to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ in the fellowship of the Church.
8. We believe that the Church is the company of all who have become children of God, through faith in Christ, and have been knit together, by the Holy Spirit, into one body, of which the Lord Jesus is the head. The Church is given the mandate by the Risen Lord Jesus Christ to demonstrate and proclaim the wholeness of the Gospel and its implications for all of creation.